Monday, 4 June 2018

LO2 - M2: Legal and ethical issues are identified and resolved for the planned production


Legal and ethical issues I need to consider for my magazine.

 

For my magazine there are many legal and ethical factors I have to take into consideration. Firstly, I will need to make sure that when I’m photo shopping my model for my magazine she can’t be over air brushed to avoid any ethical issues, as its portraying something that is false and misleading and could be demeaning to other people. This means I will have to stick to the ethical issues  Also there are laws I have to take into account such as copy right, to avoid getting sued I will make sure that if I use any images that are not of my own I will receive permission of the copy right holder to use that image. I will be mostly taking the images myself to avoid any copyright issues. I will also have to also think about liable and slander as I can’t use any images or texts that are misleading and could be potentially damaging to another person. I will also have to make sure that any representation of people is fair and not offensive to somebody.

Case study












This is an example of an ethical issue when Kim Kardashian was photo shopped to have better skin a slimmer waist and slimmer legs. This is an example of what I won’t be doing this is unfair to publish as it is portraying a false image as no one is that perfect and vulnerable people such as young girls will aim to look like something that is unrealistic. Also its saying the original photo needed to be changed which could be offensive to women who have a similar shaped body. Its teaching people that they need to look a certain way to fit into society.                               




Consent form :











I                                         give my consent to participate in Katelyn McDougall’s media magazine as part of the Unit 3 coursework. I am aware that the advert will be uploaded onto a blog. I am aware that my face will be used in the magazine.

Signature:……………………………………………………       

I created a consent form for anyone who will be featured in my magazine. This will include any models in the magazine. This meets the legal requirements, as if I want someone's face to be featured in my magazine I will need to have their permission to do so.




































































                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment