Monday, 23 April 2018

LO4 - D1: Analyse how post-production techniques and processes create meaning in the media product to meet the client brief

https://www.slideshare.net/katelynmcdougall2




Analyse how post-production techniques and processes create meaning in the media product to meet the client brief


 


To create my magazine, I had to do the following tasks;


  • Magazine Research
  • Target audience research
  • Magazine planning
  • Magazine design/layout
  • Location scouting
  • Legal and ethical research
  • Codes and conventions of a magazine
  • Photoshoot
     
    These tasks’ helped me to understand what it meant to create a magazine and what has to be included to make it a successful form of media. I had to research into the print industry I done this by analysing magazines, that were related to my genre. The analysis helped me realise were things go such as the masthead, sublines, barcodes page numbers etc. It also showed me any similarities and contrasts an if all the magazines had the same form. I had to research into the target audience to see what they like and what their interests are. This is an important task as I need to know my audience so I can create a media product that will be popular with my audience. I done this by creating online surveys. This is a quick and easy way to get feedback and is cost-free. I had to plan out my magazine, so I could see what it would look like an if it followed the codes and conventions of a print product. I done this by creating digital layouts of the front page and the double page spread. This task helped me when creating my magazine as I knew where everything had to go, and it helped me in knowing how many images I needed and the amount of text that I needed to have. I also had to scout locations for my photoshoot, this was important as I have to have permission to use a certain location. To avoid any legal issues, I had the photoshoot in my own house. I also had to research the legal and ethical issues, this is so I can avoid any offense when creating my magazine. I had to ensure that I didn’t have any images that weren’t my own or if I did use other images that weren’t original content I would have to seek permission to use that image. I have to make sure that the images and the text is politically correct, so I avoid any legal and ethical issues. Researching codes and conventions was an important part of my research as I had to know the basic structure of a magazine and what has to be included in my media product to make it a print product. This including researching, where certain things go in a magazine and the content and features that have to be used in a print product. Lastly with all of my research accumulated I created my magazine product.
     
    My magazine clearly meets the requirements of the brief as it states the media product must be on “inclusion or community”. My magazine is in the fashion genre, I linked this genre to the brief by making the magazine about different cultural clothes that are seen in all different community, this is also included all different cultures, and educating the reader on different fashion trends that are popular but where these trends have originated from.
     
    My chosen format of my front page which was on Photoshop, allows me to distribute my work in a professional industry way. Photoshop has all of the tools professionals would use and it makes my magazine look of a high standard. My double page spread was created on InDesign; this software also allows my work to be distributed in a way that looks professional. Therefore, the chosen format allows my work to be specified the way I wanted it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment